IBSA Goalball seeking hosts for 2018-2020 sanctioned tournaments
Date: April 24, 2018
IBSA Goalball invites bids and full application documentation from IBSA member federations in good standing with IBSA that are interested in hosting regional and youth tournaments in the next two years.
Bids are invited for IBSA Goalball youth regional Championships in 2018 and 2020, the Youth World Championships in 2019 (for boys and girls ages 19 and under) and the regional qualifying tournaments for the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games:
- 2018 Youth Regional Championships: Africa, Asia/Pacific
- 2019 Regional Qualifying Tournaments: Africa, Asia/Pacific, European C
- 2019 World Youth Championships
- 2020 Youth Regional Championships: Africa, Asia/Pacific, Americas, Europe
The deadline for applications is 4 May 2018. After 4 May 2018, the IBSA Goalball Subcommittee has the right to negotiate with individual organisers without using the normal bidding process.
According to IBSA Goalball rules, the 2019 regional Championships will be qualifying tournaments for Tokyo 2020. Interested federations should submit a bid using the IBSA sanction request document available from IBSA Goalball: [email protected]ibsasport.org
Applications must include the following:
- State clearly whether you are bidding to host Championships for both men and women, men's or women's only, or boys and girls
- The proposed dates for the Championships should fall between 1 April and 30 November of the competition year of the tournament
- Name of the closest major airport and provide transportation plans for travel between the airport and the venue
- The proposed location, including facility/venue details relevant to the IBSA competition rules for goalball
- Letter of support from the IBSA member federation
- A funding plan that includes proposed revenue sources, expenses and anticipated tournament costs
If you have any questions or need clarification regarding the bid process, please feel free to contact [email protected].