Update from the IBSA Goalball Subcommittee – London 2012 Paralympic Games
Date: November 30, 2011
TARGE BALL TO BE USED IN LONDON
LOCOG, the organising committee for the London 2012 Paralympic Games, has selected the TARGE goalball ball for use during the games next year. The same ball will be put through its paces at the Goalball test event that kicks off later this week in the city.
INTERNATIONAL TECHNICAL OFFICIALS FOR LONDON 2012
The IBSA Goaball Subcommittee has initiated the selection process for 18 International Technical Officials (ITO) who will take part in the London 2012 Paralympic Games from August 29th until September 9th.
Those who are considered for the position of ITO are required to meet the eligibility criteria below and at least two of the following criteria:
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in goalball; referee or table officer.
• Required experience in international events (please see below for explanation).
• Preferably IBSA level one referee level at least.
Applications will be considered only when any two of the above criteria are fulfilled.
Ability: The applicant must
• Be able to deliver exceptional performance in a world class environment.
• Be able to make quick and correct decisions under pressure.
• Be able to concentrate over a long period and deliver a consistently high performance.
• Have the dedication and willingness to work in a team environment.
• Be able to take instructions and carry them out effectively and efficiently.
• Understand and appreciate the importance of his/her role.
Definition of Events
Regional Events: Goalball tournament in your own country.
National or International Championships: Any regional Championships in Europe, Africa, Americas or Asia/Pacific/Oceania.
Other International Events: World Championships or Qualifying tournaments.
Those interested in a Goalball ITO’s role and have also applied to be a referee (level III), if selected as a referee, will be removed from the ITO process.
Applications for the role of Goalball ITO must be submitted to [email protected] by Friday December 16th. Click on the link below to download the application form.