Medical Diagnostics Form 2015
Date: January 6, 2015
IBSA would like to inform all member countries that the Medical Diagnostics Form has been updated to take into account the introduction of the ISAS (IBSA Sports Information System).
The form must be completed for all athletes by a registered ophthalmologist (or equivalent) to enable the athlete to undergo sight classification prior to competing.
Go to the Documents section to download the form.
PROCEDURE FOR CLASSIFICATION AT AN IBSA COMPETITION
An athlete will only be permitted to undergo International Classification at IBSA competitions if he/she:
- STEP 1: Has an IBSA ISAS license; for more information contact [email protected].
- STEP 2: Has uploaded the required Medical Diagnostics documentation on the ISAS database and applied for a place on the classification programme in the respective competition.
To facilitate our classifiers and to ascertain that the athlete is correctly classified, it is compulsory that the IBSA Medical Diagnostics Form (MDF) be completed for each athlete and uploaded on to the ISAS database at least 6 weeks before they undergo classification.
Any additional medical reports as outlined on the form should be also uploaded. This allows our classifiers to have enough time to review the documentation and if necessary ask for more information. The following conditions apply:
- The MDF form must be completed in English and by a registered ophthalmologist in your country;
- All medical documentation on pages 2-3 needs to be scanned and attached. If the medical documentation is incomplete, the classifiers will not be able to allocate a sport class.
- The form and any additional medical documentation e.g. electrophysiological assessments (VEPs and ERGs), should not be older than 12 months at the time of the Athlete Evaluation.