IBSA seeks volunteer to sit on anti-doping committee
Date: March 4, 2014
IBSA has announced a vacancy on its Anti-Doping Committee and is looking for a dedicated volunteer to fill the role.
Reporting to the chair of the committee, the chosen candidate will be expected to work on a voluntary basis to ensure IBSA meets all criteria and requirements as a signatory to the World Anti-Doping Code.
All reasonable and approved expenses incurred while performing the role shall be covered by IBSA, and he or she will be expected to attend one face-to-face meeting per year. Up to four virtual meetings per year may also be scheduled.
Candidates who meet the following criteria are invited to apply for the position:
- A commitment to the principles of anti-doping
- An understanding of the elite sporting environment
- Conversant with the World Anti-Doping Code and experience of achieving compliance
- Experience of providing anti-doping education
- Experience of providing education materials to blind or visually impaired people
- A valid passport
- Good verbal and written command of English
Candidates may also require endorsement from their IBSA member organisation.
For more information click on the link above to view or download the job description, or contact IBSA Executive Director Neil O’Donovan at [email protected].