IBSA Judo seeks hosts for 2017 events
Date: October 19, 2016
The IBSA Judo Committee has launched a call for countries to bid to host its continental and world championships next year.
Here is the full text of the announcement from the committee:
CALL FOR BIDS
Hosting of Continental Championships and World Championships
IBSA Judo invites the IBSA member federations/associations to tender.
The next Paralympic period starts with the high-level judo high level events in 2017.
- In the framework of the judo improvement for the next four-year period the following continents have to arrange continental championships:.
- Asia, together with Oceania;
- Africa: The Africa project starts after the Paralympic Games. It needs requires a special process in order to involve more countries in the organization of judo events. Until then, African countries can take part at any World Cup events..
Countries are now invited to tender for the hosting of these events.
2. The period of events:
a. Continental championships: March – June of 2017
b. World Championships second part of September – October.
3. The above-mentioned events offer points for the IBSA Judo World Ranking List (WRL).
4. Every country that meets the following requirements is eligible to be a candidate.
a. Countries must be an IBSA member and in good standing
b. Countries must complete the IBSA competition sanction application form
c. Countries must adhere to IBSA rules and regulations.
We also encourage the cooperation with the able-bodied Judo federations in terms of staffing, equipment, marketing etc.
5. Deadline: Please send the application form to the IBSA Secretary General, the Chairman of IBSA judo and the Sports Director of IBSA Judo by 31st October, 2016.