IBSA Goalball Subcommitte Seeks Media Coordinator
Date: October 30, 2015
The IBA Goalball Subcommitte is now seeking expressions of interest from individuals interested in serving as IBSA Goalball Media Coordinator.
This is a volunteer-based job; a knowledge of Goalball is preferred, but not required.
Those interested in this position must possess a strong journalistic style with particular strength in English, although English is not required as a first language. A good understanding of social media is also seen favourably. Additionally, interested persons must have financial support of their member federation or National Paralympic Committee for travel-related expenses to be able to attend and cover major competitions and to be able to attend an annual subcommittee meeting.
Key duties include:
- Maintin the IBSA Goalball events calendar;
- Liaise with the IPC on their editorial calendar and with the IPC copywriter and student writer on their articles, provide relevant contact details when required, and fact check articles prior to release;
- Write and distribute press releases as apprpriate;
- Write articles covering all major championships and regional championships;
- Administer and regularly post updtes on IBSA Goalball social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube);
- Participate in face-to-face and electronic meetings of the IBSA Goalball Subcommittee and prepare reports on media issues.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please contact the Chairman, IBSA Goalball Subcommittee at [email protected] before 30 November 2015. Please provide a brief resume' and short passage on why you believ you should be considered for this position.