IBSA Goalball Seeks Hosts for 2018-2020 Tournaments
Date: February 14, 2017
IBSA Goalball invites bids and full application documentation from IBSA member federations that are interested in hosting the Goalball Regional Championships for youth in 2018 and Youth World Championships 2019 (boys and girls U19) as well the regional qualifying tournaments in 2019 for WC 2020. Eligible nations must be in good standing with IBSA.
Regional tournaments are:
• 2018 Youth regional championships in African, Asia/Pacific, Americas and Europe
• 2019 regional Qualifying tournaments: Africa, Asia/Pacific, European A and European C
• 2019 Youth World Championships
• 2020 Youth regional championships in African, Asia/Pacific, Americas and Europe
According to the IBSA Goalball rules, 2019 regional championships 2019 will be qualifying tournaments for the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games.
The events may be hosted separately. Interested federations should submit a bid using IBSA bidding document available from IBSA Goalball at [email protected]. Complete bid details must be submitted 18 months before the event. After the due date, the IBSA Goalball Subcommittee has the right to negotiate with individual organizer without using the normal bidding process.
Please ensure that your application includes the following:
• State clearly whether you are bidding to host Championships for both men and women; or for men/women alone; or boys and girls
• The proposed dates for the Championships should fall between 1st April and 30th November of each year
• Name of the closest major airport; and transportation arrangements to the venue from the airport
• The proposed location, including facility/venue details relevant to the IBSA competition rules for Goalball
• Letter of support from your IBSA member federation
• A funding plan that includes proposed revenue sources, expenses and anticipated tournament costs
If you have any questions or need clarification regarding the bid process, please feel free to contact [email protected].
Yours in sport,
IBSA Goalball Subcommittee